My Zimbio
Top Stories

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jesse Jackson (no, it's not what you think)

I'm not using this post to comment on the recent "scandal" of Jesse Jackson's comments because, frankly, it's silly. Whatever.

What this incident reminded me of in a roundabout way is that if Obama is elected president his senate replacement will have to be appointed and this whole fiasco has reminded me that there is at least a decent chance that someone like Jesse Jackson Jr. (son of Rev. Jesse Jackson and Ill congressman).

He's been an illinois congressman for 12 years, there's something to be said for replacing the only african american senator with another african american, and would be a more liberal senator than Obama. I just think he would be a great choice and I hope he gets serious consideration.

No comments: