My Zimbio
Top Stories

Thursday, October 2, 2008

American nonproliferation hypocrisy

I love how much we push nuclear nonproliferation in this country. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great idea especially when it focuses on disarmament but I can't blame Pakistan and other countries that are not big fans of nonproliferation and disarmament for being suspicious.

We have lots of nukes (and are big Israel fans) and now that our side has them we all of a sudden think that no one should continue to make them. I think our stance would be less hypocritical if our nonproliferation talk were proceeded by disarmament. It's probably too risky to do unilaterally but I think real nonproliferation can only happen with disarmament and we have no right to demand it from others until we start disarming in a massive way ourselves.

I feel like I have more to say on the topic but this was the gist.

No comments: