My Zimbio
Top Stories

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bill Clinton the rollercoaster

So Bill Clinton was at his first rally for Obama today at the University of Central Florida. Initially I thought Clinton seemed to be avoiding talking about Obama by talking about his own history and Joe Biden but he ended on a fairly strong note and seemed to have delivered a very good speech. If he keeps this up I think he'll be an effective surrogate although I'm glad Obama may not need him because he has been fairly erratic.

I say he may not need Bill because of recent polling which shows Obama's national lead anywhere between 5 and 10 percent which could rival Bill Clinton's 5.3 percent victory in 1992. And with a strong performance in Indiana and Missouri (RCP and fivethirtyeight.com show Obama ahead in CO, FL, VA, NH, NC, OH, and NV) Obama could win 375 EVs which would best Clinton's 370 mark in 1992.

No comments: