My Zimbio
Top Stories

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My thoughts on the possibility of an assasination

So there has been a lot of rabble rousing this campaign, which seems especially dangerous since most of it is against our first viable African American candidate.

Now news comes that the ATF has foiled a plot to kill Barack Obama. But if you read this plan it was much more of an idea and a fantasy than a 'plot.' The guys were neo nazis who had stolen guns from family and intended to use those to rob a gun store, kill 88 african americans at a school (beheading 14 of them), and then get in a car dressed in white suits and top hats drive very quickly at Obama while firing at him from out the windows. Let me just say:
They had gotten to about step 1 of their 4 step plan (and probably didn't even have their top hats yet)

Clinton and the bushes have had grenades and planes try to kill them and people fire at the white house but the last president to have a person shoot physically at him with a gun was Reagan. I just don't see an assasination happening. Crappy attempts like this, sure. I guess I would say that we just don't have a culture that breeds assasination like we did in the 1960s. Maybe it's just my optimism but I am not nearly afraid of this as most others seem to be.

No comments: