My Zimbio
Top Stories

Friday, February 15, 2008

McCain's standpoints on advanced interrogation techniques change

So I will not claim that McCain flat out supports torture but McCain had talked with an army general who said "techniques under the Army Field Manual are working and working effectively, and he (the general) didn’t think they need to do anything else." According to McCain, "this is what America is all about." Does anyone else read that as 'I agree with the general that we don't need to use interrogation methods outside of those laid out in the Army Field Manual because they work'?

Well, apparently that's not what he meant because McCain just voted against a bill that would limit the CIA's interrogation abilities to those in the Army Field Manual and apparently McCain has "always supported allowing the C.I.A. to use extra measures." Really? You could have fooled me. McCain is either being deliberately misleading or flat out lying. Either way I can already hear the cries of 'flip flopper' coming from the democrats regardless of who is the nominee.

This can just be thrown in with McCain voting against the Bush tax cuts which he now supports. I think the tag of flip-flopper would mean more coming from Obama just because Hillary has already been accused of being a flip-flopper (drivers licenses for illegal imigrants, war in Iraq).

No comments: